Sunday 14 October 2007

Mini-love

I am in love with a car. We bought this car on ebay last week after test driving it and Justin (who knows a bit about cars) giving it the all clear. It is a 1994 Mini Mayfair and seriously, it is the coolest car in the world.

It is very zippy and loves to go around corners. It can fit into any small space that these English roads may throw at me and best of all it is an automatic!

Now, I am still planning on getting my licence in a manual car (cuz if I don't then I will be restricted to only driving automatics and I would have to do the test all over again to get a manual licence). But there is a silver lining to know that once I have that little card - I have freedom to drive my beautiful mini to my heart's content.

I have never had a car before that just the thought of makes me walk around with a big smile because I am having so much fun.

It doesn't have power steering or brakes - so you really feel like you are in control and operating a machine. But it does have a tape deck that I can use my adaptor for my ipod - the speakers are great - so I am all set!

It loves doing 50, is comfortable doing 60 and can get up to 70 (but you feel it). But it will get me to the gym/grocery store/mall no problem (and is especially fun driving down the country lanes on a sunny day).

I know you guys are all so jealous!

8 comments:

Ashley said...

I love your new car. It so small and wonderful. I also have a thing for red cars.

I also want to tell you how much I love your "wellies". Red polk-a-dot. I LOVE LOVE them!!! Last time I was in Paris I bought a pink pair that have a hot pink strip. Very cool. But the dots are getting me.....

Julie said...

I am jealous. That is the cutest car ever!

Mom of Four said...

That is such a Cute Car! How fun. I would love to drive one of those. Hey, by the way, i noticed you have a couple of blog links the same as my little sister Jessica Davis. Funny! She is a huge fan of England, as she lived there for a short while too.

Mom of Four said...

oops, i guess just one link the same as her. small world anyway!

smithfieldman said...

What a great car. I can just see you zipping around all over!

Heather O. said...

That is one of the coolest cars I have ever seen!

Jana said...

LOVE IT!

Trisha said...

Wahoo, I LOVE that car!! I am so excited for you! Good luck on your test, you'll do GREAT (I remember what a great test taker you are, I am not sure I EVER outscored you on ANY test)! :)