Saturday 3 November 2007

Weald Country Park

Today we had to get out and enjoy the autumn sunshine. I swear it has been warmer this autumn than it was over the summer. Pathetic! Anyway, we drove (in my Mini!) to Weald Country Park, which is just in the next town over called Brentwood.

They are going to host the mountain biking there at the 2012 Olympics. And what better place!?! It is gorgeous. I swear the trees this year have been spectacular. We always get the nice fall colours that Californians miss out on - but this year, with the warmer temps and the lack of wind, the leaves have just stayed on the trees and turned gorgeous shades of red, orange, yellow, brown. Amazing! I think we could give the northeast of the US a run for its money. (Don't tell anyone though, I don't want them all flocking to Essex and ruining our peaceful walks through the park).

I just can't believe I forgot my camera.

2 comments:

Trisha said...

I could really use some pretty fall leaves and scenery right now. I like Arizona but it is definitely lacking in the "Beautiful Fall Scenery"!!

smithfieldman said...

I miss fall colors. They don't have that in this part of Alaska. Its always green.