Saturday 23 February 2008

Whirlwind week

Well - I made the mistake of putting my CV up on Monster this week. I was just interested in seeing what is out there in terms of alternative jobs when I qualify. I then spent every evening this week talking to recruitment agents. Some of them even had the cheek to call me at work! Scum of the earth if you ask me. Luckily I have J's bro (I) who is a recruitment agent for actuaries, so he gave me the rundown on how to go about this scary process. It seems like such hard work to find the right one, and that's not even the job! Sigh.... maybe I should just stay where I am.

Thursday was J's birthday and we went out to dinner with I at this little Italian place in Upminster. Had a really nice night out - and tonight we're going to see Mark Ronson at the Hammersmith Apollo. He just won Best Male Artist at the Brit Awards (UK's version of the Grammy's) so it should be a pretty good night.

We also went to view that house today - it is just the right size, nice garden, etc. But everything, I mean everything, needs re-doing. New carpet, wallpaper, kitchen, bathroom, bedrooms. Everything. I would even think some major structural re-doing wouldn't go amiss (knocking down walls, etc). I don't think we can deal with paying over half a million pounds for a house that needs so much work. I know we're gonna have to find somewhere that needs some tender loving care.... but there has to be a balance! So we'll keep looking and dreaming the dream.

Flying to CA this time next week!

2 comments:

Marie Davies Howick said...

Yay! You're coming to the States! You should probably just pop over to Utah while you're here......

Alicia said...

Too bad about that house. I'm sure you will find something else. Have fun in California!