Saturday 9 February 2008

So much to tell

Well where do I start! I have been the world's worst blogger this month, but so much has happened. Sorry this is going to be a long post cuz I must update on so much.

Not sure if I mentioned before, but J and I joined an amateur dramatics society called The Wesley Players. I played the piano at the performance of the panto Dick Whittington last week and J helped in all sorts of ways back stage. We both really enjoyed it so we are looking forward to the next performance of Curtain Call in May (although this one won't be a musical).

Unfortunately I failed my driving test last week. They said I hesitated at a few junctions. I thought I was just being cautious! So much for defensive driving. Anyway, I couldn't get another appointment to take the test again until end of March, so the saga of driving lessons continues.

J finished tax season (if you can really say finish...) and is now considering where to go in his job. They offered him a different role, but he doesn't think it would be the best way forward. So we're generally having a think about that.

Last week I used up my Christmas present from J. A day spa appointment all to myself at The Spa at Chancery Court. It was a day of heaven - I emerged a brand new woman. I had a holistic stressbuster treatment with exfoliations, hot stone massage and relaxing facial. And boy was the masseur hot. If J had known a tall dark handsome foreign guy with an Eastern European accent was going to be doing the treatment..... I don't think he would have got it for me! But we'll keep that between us ;-) I certainly will be going back for another one of those, but I think J should come along this time. It was too good to go alone.

As for me, I'm just chugging along with work. RSL have offered me a job permanently when I qualify, so that's a weight off my shoulders. Just got to get to then.

All that busy-ness made J come down with a cold, which he then passed to me. Lovely. But it is a beautiful day today so I think I'm going to try to talk J into a walk and a cream tea somewhere in the country. I'll try to do better about my posting.

1 comment:

Trisha said...

yay, I was wondering if you gave up on the blog, glad to see you're back. Sounds like you've been busy but with lots of fun stuff.